Southeast Alaska Drift Gillnet Task Force Agenda
Ted Ferry Center, Ketchikan, Alaska
December 7, 2009, 9:00 a.m.â€“4:00 p.m.
A.Â Â Â Â Introduction of meeting participants, distribute meeting materials, and review agendaÂ
B.Â Review of 2009 season and 2010 season outlook
C.Â Hatchery Operators Summaries and Forecast
D.Â Discussion Issues
- McDonald Lake (stock of concern) update.
- Are there other potential stocks of concern?
- Mid-week fishing opportunity in District 8 during July and PST considerations.
- Potential for additional fishing time in Section 15-C, postage stamp and options for achieving Chilkoot escapement goal.
- Provisions for back planting sockeye into Speel River.
- Was there foregone chum salmon harvest or deadloss at Deep Inlet?Â Was broodstock collection adequate?Â Â
- ReviewÂ Hawk Inlet seine interception of sockeye returning to Districts 11 & 15.
- Review of SSRAA and NSRAA permitted capacities and current production levels.Â Are there unutilized or underutilized return locations?