Bids for the Yakutat Dungeness crab survey is due by Monday, April 4, 2011 at 4:30 to the Douglas ADFG office.
Minimum Qualifications are:
- The vessel must meet two of the following three qualifications: 1) at least 50 feet in overall lentgh, 2) at least 50 net tons, 3) at least 50 gross tons.
- Skipper must have at least one year of experience as master of a vessel fishing in the Yakutat Dungeness crab commercial fishery.
- Vessel must have a sheltered marine head and shower
- Operational DGPS, 24 mile radar, color video sounder, and VHF are required.
- Must provide a minimum of 3 crew (skipper + 2 deckhands)
- Current within the prior 12 month USCG inspections and all required safety equipment
- Must provide 120 offshore (100 lb) Dungeness crab pots and buoy line, ADFG will provide bait jars, bait hangers and numbered buoys
- Vessel must have bunk space for at least 2 ADFG biologists and the vessel’s own minimum required crew of 3.
Survey will take place for 7 days from June 1-7th.